Welcome to Inspired Epicurean! I’m Melanie – and you’re invited to pull up a seat at our table. Here, you can find:
- plant-based vegan recipes (with some older flexitarian options)
- sustainable lifestyle ideas
- inspiration for the home
- amplification of purposeful brands
Sound interesting? Well, then. Let’s dish! I’m thrilled you’re here.
Inspired Epicurean is a food and lifestyle blog, featuring vegan recipes that harness the nostalgia of comfort food and deliver finished products that fit epicurean standards. Yes, I might be redefining the term “epicurean” a bit, but I genuinely believe that wholesome, healthy, delicious food and lifestyle products should be accessible to all. Every bite of a chickpea brownie bite should taste like an indulgent moment, without sacrificing health and diet. Who says we can’t have our (vegan) cake and eat it, too?
When I started the blog as hearth • health • happiness, recipes fell solidly under the “flexitarian diet” category. Cliff (my incredibly supportive husband) and I were testing the waters with less meat and focusing on more healthful twists to classic recipes. Recently, we decided to make the official transition to a vegan diet for both ethical and health reasons.
For those who may be on a similar path, I am leaving my flexitarian recipes available with the hope they will delight and help mix up your recipe routine a bit. But, I would encourage you to view and test as many vegan options as possible so you can discover a wonderful new world with vegan cooking.
The same ethical reasons that we made the decision to adopt a plant-based diet apply to the lifestyle categories on Inspired Epicurean. I believe supporting brands that are making compassionate global change and adopting fashion trends that are ethical should be at the forefront of lifestyle decisions around the world.
What exactly does Inspired Epicurean have to offer?
- Vegan comfort food recipes that are easy to make, delicious, and friendly for most diets.
- Older, flexitarian recipes that will prove useful to those interested in more plant-forward recipes.
- Amplifying brands and lifestyle choices that offer quality products, sustainable options, cruelty-free practices, and values that align with creating a more healthful, beautiful world.
- Practical tips for creating flavor and beauty – from the meals that grace your table to embracing the ambiance that allows your creativity to shine. I believe comfort, beauty, and sustainability can not only co-exist, but thrive. Wellness and conscious choices deserves to be mainstream, and that’s exactly what we promote.
A tidbit about me...
As a true “Georgia Peach,” I appreciate the complexities and comfort of Southern dishes. This space draws inspiration from the nostalgia food can create, all while embracing quality, plant-forward ingredients that are fit for the epicurean in all of us. Inspired Epicurean amplifies food, products, and lifestyle ideas to make the epicurean accessible to all.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Favorite Food: Cliff’s guacamole (savory) + Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies (sweet)
You’re from the South – what’s your football allegiance? Roll Tide, friends.
Education: I have a B.A. and M.A. in Communication Studies, with a minor in Political Science from The University of Alabama. My passion for wholesome creations was borne out of personal family experiences related to lack of access to affordable health care and my award-winning Master’s thesis analyzing the atmosphere and discourse surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
Professional Life: Started as a college instructor, than I poached Georgia high school students to The University of Alabama as a recruiter…and now I work for the family pecan business as their e-commerce and corporate sales manager. Though I loved each job, my true passion is creating…recipes, experiences, blogs…you get the point. 😉